05 May 2009

I have recently decided I should start writing more. I find it awfully cumbersome to write by hand, so I decided I'd make use of my blog (for once).

On Saturday, I will graduate with a BA in English, emphasis in creative writing. I am amazed at how much I am capable of achieving. Seriously, I never gave a shit about academics or doing well or applying myself. I have only recently discovered the satisfaction that comes with a job well done. I am exceedingly proud of myself. It feels pretty surreal to be making plans to pick up my cap and gown. I couldn't be happier.

I don't know exactly what my plans are after graduation. I have applied for graduate school, but I am having second thoughts. I don't know if English education is right for me. I am really uptight and anxious about all the graduate school requirements, like the writing proficiency test and the exit interview. That sounds ridiculous even to me, but I can't help but feel it all the same. I have no idea what I want to do with my life. I have no idea if I will be able to get any job. The job I currently have expires at the end of the month, and I will be broke and unemployed, making me even more American, I guess.

It's strange to be in two places. On the one hand, I am overjoyed to finally be done. On the other hand, however, I am completely terrified because I am done.

That is why I am getting in the bed and reading Wuthering Heights until I fall asleep.

No comments: